To schedule a wedding in the Painesville Municipal Court:
- Please call the Lake County Marriage License Bureau at (440) 350-2326 for information and requirements to obtain a marriage license or visit their website at https://www.lakecountyohio.gov/probate-court/marriage-department.
- At least one of the parties must reside within Painesville Municipal Court's jurisdiction:
- Concord Township
- Fairport Harbor Village
- Grand River Village
- Leroy Township
- Madison Township
- Madison Village
- North Perry Village
- Painesville City
- Perry Township
- Perry Village
- $50 Court Costs ◊ Non-refundable deposit payable at time of scheduling your appointment. (No cost for Active Military Personnel. Must have ID present.)
- Weddings are performed on Thursdays 10:45 am.
- Photo ID must be presented at the time of scheduling your appointment.
- Please fill out the application and bring completed application with you to schedule your wedding ceremony date.
On occasion we publicize photos and videos of weddings in our court. Please fill out the Photo and Video Release Form for Weddings below if you give us permission to use your pictures and/or videos.
|Photo and Video Release Form for Weddings||Download|
|Wedding Application - PDF Format||Download|
|Wedding Application - Word Format||Download|
Weddings will not be scheduled by phone, however, you may call Sue Germovsek at (440) 392-5875, M - F, 8:30am - 4:00pm for additional information.